Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random...

So tamad to blog lately.

Well, actually I'm not in to running anymore (I think!). The "addict (sa running)" feeling, the "kilig" and the excitement every time I'm going to have a race are all gone. =(

Anyway, I registered for a 10K run last Sunday in Filinvest, Alabang.

10K PR is 1:22
Should be 16K but ayun nga, tamad na eh. Not really feeling so competitive anymore.

So anyway, about the May 15 race, Run for Life....

I loved the route. I don't like it when you run around a route twice/thrice, so running 10K in Filinvest for just one round was sure enjoyable. =) It was so relaxing because you only hear Mother Nature and your breath. The wind, especially when you're going down the hill, was such a blessing too. Felt the angry Summer heat so I tried to ran faster, end my meditation and bring focus back to the race. The prizes were big. They were giving away Blackberry phones, GCs, etc.

What I didn't like was the fact that it didn't start on time and there were very few water stations (most were Pocari stations).

Overall, the race was okay. I think the orgaziner (is it Lifeline or Runningmate?) will be second to my favorite, RunRio. Score: 8/10.

When we were going home, we saw a girl beside a security guard crying with her boyfriend because their car was opened by burglars and obviously their valuables were stolen. Their car was not brand new and was parked very near the guard's house so security in that place is really bad. A friend had the same misfortune too. Sad. Westgate should really do something about it asap and race organizers should be aware of the security of their participants.

After the race, I still can't stop thinking about my other "wants" which are skydiving, traveling and other adrenaline adventures. Will blog about this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment