Saturday, April 9, 2011

Night Fest 2011

Likes:
  • It's my first night run
  • It's in Alabang, so very convenient and comfortable for me (I love Filinvest route)
  • It's a night race so I had a full sleep and was relaxed
  • I got to experience another race not organized by Run Rio so I get to compare (and found out Run Rio-organized runs are still the best)
  • I tried how it was to drink Pocari during a race (I always prefer water but for this race, no choice eh). Stocks were umaapaw. And ready to drink na, unlike water which was so scarce. (Read about it under the "For Improvement" part)
  • There was a prayer before the start of the race
  • My family's there to support me
  • We have an excuse to eat out again after the run, hehe

For improvement:
  • Very few portalets
  • Nega ako with Magnolia water. Why:
  1. Not enough water stations to keep runners hydrated.
  2. Some water stations ran out of plastic cups during our second loop.
  3. After my first loop, at the Magnolia water station after the finish line, there was a marshall wearing the Magnolia Pure Water T-shirt. There were plastic cups. There was a water dispenser. So what was the problem? Actually it was big turn off: he (the Magnolia marshall) was making telebabad as runners passed by and got their own water! Imagin, you get a plastic cup, you fill it with water, you run. For runners who value time, this is crazy! When I passed by, I said to him, "Get your own??! First time to ah!" and filled my cup with water. Ayy di pala, I had to get my cup, pa pala and fill it with water. Sayang ang precious seconds; he could have "helped" fill the cups already. That was his work. Sayang bayad sa kanya. Paging Magnolia Pure Water: Water is supposed to play an important role in races. I don't know why water was scarce, eh that's an opportunity for sampling for you. Runners will always look for water and they will remember you. And what happened to the "no more plastic cups"? No "budget constraints" and "availability of stocks" as reasons please. Sana you didn't sponsor na lang at all. Kindly train the staff you'll send too, no telebabad please. Anubeh.
  • It's a night run but I didn't expect that the route won't be well-lighted. There were really dark paths, as in you'll go slow kasi you're afraid to get injured in case there were roads with lubak. Sayang nanaman sa time. Nuvali at night was a whole lot better.
  • I didn't get a finisher's shirt. There was a coupon given when you register and I didn't get one because it's only for the first 500. Sayang because I lined up pa.
  • Flop yung 'exercise portion' before the gun start. The stage was so low no one can see what the instructor was doing. Ang tagal ng useless exercise when everyone was agit na to run.
  • No DTag so I'm not so confident how they'll read my official time. When I reached the finish line I stopped to have my photo taken by my sister. E yun pala I should have ran a little more to reach the girl who will take the "coupon" on my race bib so she can manually write down my time. Hayyy.

Okay, so I want to re-read the "Likes" and focus more on the good part of the race. And, I finished 10K in 1 hour and 20 mins. Injury-free. Happy.

with Niccolo before the start of the race
At the stage after the race.
Okay, promise I'll buy a nice cam na talaga. hehe. Thanks for the photos, Set! =)
On our way to Army Navy!

No comments:

Post a Comment