Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whatta Week

So many things happened/are happening this week.

Last Sunday, I ran 10K in the Grace to the Finish race. Route was inside Ayala Alabang. Okay naman, but I prefer the Filinvest route more. Trees. Hills. Nature.





I thought the organizer was RunRio so I immediately signed in. But when I registered, I was just given a piece of paper and the girl said she doesn't know when and where I can claim my race kit and singlet. =s

When I texted the numbers of the contact persons, they told me different instructions. =s

Good thing one of the organizers, Patrick, called me and instructed me where I can claim my kit and singlet. But when I asked him if the DTag is included (all Run Rio races include this in the race kits), he didn't know what I was talking about. =s

So here are my comments:
1) Better if organizers are runners themselves, so they know how to answer questions of real runners
2) Align with team the answers to possible questions of registrants. In my case, one said I can claim my race kit at Planet Sports, the other said in Athlete's Foot.
3) Inform people at the registration venue the details of the event.
4) More water stations please (they only had one at the event). I hate non-water drinks because I don't have a sweet tooth and sweet flavored water makes me more thirsty. I don't like Pocari stations where marshalls shout memorized spiels to you.
5) Start on time. 5:45 gun start for 10K, but it started around 6:15 am. Better to start earlier in a hot season too.
6) DTAG is much better (and accurate!) than a tear-out timing paper. My time was 1:23.
7) I hope there were portalets around the route. (There were all at the start/finish area!)

Verdict: It's a 4/10. I remember my new client from Unilab Active Health as he discussed what's "sulit" or "mahal" when it comes to races. Grace To the Finish was definitely "mahal."

Despite all these, I wasn't nega that time because I just kept thinking that the run was my workout for that day. Mahal na workout. So deads lang.

GOODBYE GLOBE AND GALAXY TAB

Anyway, I just sold my Galaxy Tab to my big boss, Carlo. Goodbye Angry Birds. Goodbye "Sent via Andriod" in Facebook. And goodbye unnecessary expenses!

I cut my Globe line already and it felt sooo good. =)

Background: I received a very unbelievable bill because of mobile browsing and they didn't want to waive it. So no use in keeping a Globe line, very madaya and mukhang pera. Turn-off talaga. =( Post-paid friends be careful with your usage, okay? Lalo na yung mga non-techie jan (like me!).


WOWOW MALI!

Yesterday we had a meeting with the Wil Time Big Time staff since we will have a segment in their show soon. And I've mistakenly introduced them to clients as the team from ABS-CBN! Oh no! I've met almost all of them from Wowowee days kasi and I naturally thought they're from Channel 2. Ayun, nakakahiya. It also showed my love for ABS-CBN people. =) hehe


 SOMEONE'S ALWAYS SAYING GOODBYE

Our managing director met us this morning. We will be busy for the next days. That's okay with me. I love Unilab very much. As in the account. So I'll do everything to keep them with us.



I can't help but compare them to my previous clients. They're much more lovable. What bothered me is the transferring of Carlo to another department. ASAP daw. He is our father in the group. He made me stay here. He believes in me. He is one of the "originals" that I still want to work with. And he bought my Galaxy Tab just when I needed money the most (to pay for the huge Globe bill!), hehe. *sigh* But I know there are precious reasons behind all this. Nakaksad lang talaga.




Aside from Carlo, our Media counterpart from the client's side is leaving soon too. =( She's the best. She knows the business. She defends us to clients. She's smart and down to earth. Livewell media team loves her. Hayy.

We'll miss you Dred!

 
Then there's also another officemate who's leaving for Singapore. One funny girl who's always wearing cute outfits, has a gift in writing and is also someone I will surely miss. =(

Bora First-Timers



I just hate goodbyes.

Anyway, I'll be going to Taipei tomorrow with my mom and sis so happy na nanaman uli ako. =) haha!

Shopping!

If only I can find a money changer that sells US dollars...

No comments:

Post a Comment