Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hyundai or Suzuki?

I've already declared 2011 as the "Love Myself" year.

Part of my love-myself finish line is to buy a car. =) My dream car is really a Chrysler. That's Bruce Wayne's car! =) But okay, couldn't afford one. So next dream car is a Benz. Classic, Classy and it just needs no introduction. I was okay with second hand Benz cars but when I checked the owners of the ones that i can afford, it made me think twice. =p

I know buying a car sounds so materialistic but I think I really need one. Here are some reasons:

First reason is the fact that I'm maarte. That's just me. I love dressing up. And it's such a hassle when I have to wear slippers to work and just bring along my 'real' shoes which are slutty stilettos and statement heels. Plus the fact that I wear short skirts and mini dresses. Well, not all the time but they're part of my options on "what to wear".

I also stopped going to the gym after work since I have to bring my heavy gym bag with me and that caused pain on my shoulder.

I want to go to The Farm even if it's just me and myself.

I want to sign up for races that are outside Manila without hassling anyone from my family. You see, my brother would always drive me and my mom would sometimes tag along. That means they have to wake up so early too and get bored for more than an hour as they wait for me at the finish line. I want the nature-ish feel of an out-of-town run but I don't want to hassle anyone, especially my family.

I want to drive my mom to places where she's never been. Or discover restos that I've never tried. Like a simple weekend lunch in Antonio's in Tagaytay. Or let her know how Avenida and Cubao looks like now. Or take her to a field trip and have dinner in the scenic Kubo Grill or in an Antipolo resto. Or just let her discover nice foddie restos in Greenbelt, Fort or Rockwell.

I want to drive for her too when she goes out to do her daily schedule. Malling. Watch movies. Admire the old man who's very talented in playing the piano. Even to errands like doing the groceries, paying bills of Meralco, PLDT and Destiny cable. She already walks with a cane. =(

I would love to drive my bestfriends to their houses too after our late tea sessions in UCC in front of 6750.

Or just stalk the houses of my exes and crushes. =p

I love the rain. I love rainy season more than summer. I still love the rain more even if there's already a typhoon. Cool weather. No dust. No sweaty people. But I'm a commuter and I walk fast so I always have mud stains in my slacks and jeans.

So big question is: a Crosswind or an Elantra?

Will it be a Suzuki Crosswind? Big car that can fit the family and make going up the mountain to enjoy fresh air easy. Think Baguio. Or just Tagaytay. Or the lubak roads in Manila. Or the big bully buses in EDSA. My brother can borrow this vehicle too whenever he has a bazaar event, the Crosswind can carry all his equipment and staff. Not sure with the gas though. But the price is cheaper compared to the next option.

Will it be a Hyundai Elantra? Long, elegant, sleek, smooth, stylish, beautiful. So me. =p And this will be my first car so it has to be good-looking. But I need to sacrifice a little to keep up with the amortization (I hope I continue winning in raffles and I get a big salary increase! hehe)

But two thing's for sure: I need to learn how to drive soonest and I need to buy a car by August. That's my deadline to myself. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment